2022年5月15日日曜日

The Denon PMA-150H full digital amplifier seems to generate a lot of heat and is prone to breakage. Comment: I would like to see improvements such as the use of low wattage components, larger heat sinks, and better ventilation.

The Denon PMA-150H full digital amplifier seems to generate a lot of heat and is prone to breakage. Comment: I would like to see improvements such as using low wattage components, larger heat sinks, and better ventilation.


https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/customer-reviews/R24O0RH8VWN2VB/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07VZPFP5P#R24O0RH8VWN2VB



HIRO

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the sound quality but worried about the heat generation

Reviewed on May 8, 2020 in Japan

Purchased on Amazon

I replaced my PMA-60 with the PMA-150 after it kept suddenly going down for no reason.

The sound quality is pleasant with a wide soundstage, similar to that of the PMA-60, and I am personally satisfied with the cost performance.

I have been using only foreign products such as Philips, AURA, and QUAD, but I personally prefer the sound quality of the PMA-150.

In addition, its affinity for Internet radio and smartphone connectivity may be a reason for choosing it over more upper-class pure audio products.

However, although I understand that efforts have been made to design the exterior quality, I think it is still inferior to overseas products. It is clearly made with an emphasis on cost.


It has been one week since I purchased this product, and the most worrisome thing is that the heat generation is extraordinary.

After half a day of just turning on the power, it heats up to the point where I can no longer touch the chassis.

Since this is a class-D amplifier, heat generation should be basically minimal, but I suspect that there may be a problem with the design. I am almost inclined to suspect that there might be a design problem. I can no longer touch the same spot for three seconds.

Even if there is no problem with the basic operation, it is inevitable that the internal electronic components will be adversely affected.

The most important aluminum electrolytic capacitor generally loses half its life when the ambient temperature rises by 10°C.

Right now, it is not a problem, but I am worried that failure will occur sooner or later.


The sound quality of both PMA-60 and PMA-150 is impeccable, so I would really like to see a more decent design for the power supply circuitry.



amazoncanitamer

1.0 out of 5 stars before sound

Reviewed on Dec 11, 2019 in Japan

Purchased on Amazon

A little over a month after purchase, it suddenly stopped making sound and malfunctioned.


As you can see in the picture of the product, it is a sealed structure with no holes for heat dissipation.

The heat is so high that I'm worried about the chassis under normal use.

Compared to the A1-VL I use for my PC, it's so hot that I can't believe it's the same digital amp!


I wondered if this is OK... I used it with USB connection from surface, but it suddenly died a little over a month after purchase. 

I knew it... This heat generation... 

As expected of DENON quality, as expected of "MADE IN VIETNAM", a quality worthy of trust.

If you're going to make a sealed structure like this, you could have used parts with higher heat resistance or something.

If you don't have the technical skills, you could have added a silent fan for cooling or something.


It's winter (mid-December), Mr. DENON.

Even for self-built PC users, they should consider the balance between heat generation and heat exhaust a little more.

Sudden death at room temperature of about 20 degrees Celsius, what about in the middle of summer? Will it catch fire?

Have you done load tests? Don't sell products that can't stand up to practical use because you prioritize style. 

The corporate culture of cutting corners in places that can't be seen is transparent.


This is a problem before sound. Typical of cheap or bad.


Packing for repair, shipping, this and that, ..... I'm going to throw up just thinking about it!

It's a hassle installing audio equipment, setting it up, etc., etc., etc., etc., actually.

I know it's under warranty because it's less than a year old, but after a year, do I have to pay for the repair?

An amp that's actually only durable for a little over a month? (I use it for about 2 hours a day, which is about 30 hours of actual work.)


If the amp is a defective unit, it means that the manufacturer's inspection is of a low level.

If you call it a specification that it breaks after 30 hours or so, it's a problem before selling the product.


By the way, the sound quality is less than that of A1-VL, which I bought more than 10 years ago for my PC.

Sound pressure, sound quality, resolution, everything is a total loss. The purchase price was similar, though.

I don't need to tell you how durable it is. By the way, A1-VL has not even been turned off for the past 10 years.

It is still working fine. Zero breakdowns. It is wonderful.

PMA150H automatically turns off after about 1h in auto standby. But it will die in a month.


If you don't want to regret, I recommend you to remove this from the candidate of purchase amplifier.


12/26; Postscript

I got it back from the repair, but the display suddenly became garbled (see the picture).

This time, it didn't work properly for a day, let alone a month. .....

The inspection level is "this" even in Japan, I think my blood vessels are going to snap!

I have to pack it again, ship it, and do this and that. ..... It's hard enough to set up the audio equipment at the end of the year when I'm so busy!

I'm going to do a follow-up review of this thing.


It seems that even their PMA-60 is riddled with troubles!

They don't even try to improve it, and then they just release a new model like the PMA150 and get away with it.

They're going to ignore the customers who bought the PMA150H and release a new model like the PMA200H?

If it were a car, this would be a recall!

Customer image

187 customers found this helpful

Helpful

Report a violation


NOBU

1.0 out of 5 stars HEOS is not a good product to use at all and the worst purchase I've ever made, it gets hot and turns off.

Reviewed on Mar 18, 2021 in Japan

Purchased from Amazon

I bought this product because it was compatible with Amazon Music, but DENON's HEOS technology is lousy at what it does. I feel that this company does not understand the benefits of streaming services = the needs of consumers at all. I am amazed at the company's stance in promoting a product with this level of application in their catalog and on their website.

In addition, the unit heats up and turns off after a few hours. When we contacted the contact person, he gave us a single point of view that the speakers were wired incorrectly or that the speakers may be faulty. We are audio hobbyists of 30 years and we were not angry.

The least I could do was return it without stress since I purchased it from Amazon.

I would never recommend the PMA-150H.

24 customers found this helpful

Helpful

Report a violation


Busy man rating

1.0 out of 5 stars sound quality but UI is garbage

Reviewed on July 27, 2020 in Japan

This product is a network audio compatible product.

I bought this product especially because it can play amazon music HD on HEOS.


I bought this product because I thought it was compatible with network audio, especially amazon music HD playback with HEOS, but I was wrong.

It is indeed compatible, but very difficult to use.

I control the device from the basic smartphone app HEOS.

It does not take over any information from amazon music.


I can't import any playlists, etc.

You have to search for the song you want to listen to every time and play it.

You can't even register favorites.


What is this? Is it garbage?

It does not fulfill the most important function.

I used to connect my PC-DAC via USB I used to play it by connecting a PC-DAC via USB.

I would definitely prefer that.

I was a fool to think that this product could be easily played wirelessly.


Please don't be fooled. At least, trying to play amazon musicHD with HEOS from your phone is a fool's errand.

It is a foolish act.


I have been buying garbage for a long time.

The sound quality is normal, but it is very difficult to use.

And for some reason, when I try to play ultra HD sound files from amazon music

I have been using it for a long time, and it is very difficult to use.


For example, "come away with me" by Norah Jones is an Ultra HD sound source.

But for some reason, HEOS plays it in HD.

Is it a scam?

Maybe if I connect it as a PC-DAC, it will playback?


Moreover, the initial sound quality setting of this device is standard, and if you don't set it to high sound quality

Why is such a setting so difficult for an audio device?


Why is such a setting necessary for an audio device? It doesn't make sense.

After all, audio equipment should be simple-is-best, not cluttered with a lot of functions.

I think simple is best.


This is a device for mehas.

I regret buying it.

---I am sorry to have bought it.

https://review.kakaku.com/review/K0001182075/#tab

Replacement from TA-F501

Purpose of purchase

Until now, I have been using a Sony Digian TA-F501 and Onkyo D302E speakers on a TV stand and next to it in the living/dining room.

The amplifier is connected to a NAS, but recently I have been listening to spotify and amazon music on my amazon echo for convenience.

The next time I try to watch TV, I have to ask Alexa to turn off the music and Alexa to turn on the TV twice.

I installed it for the purpose that spotify has high sound quality and switches automatically when I turn on the TV.


Result

I can listen to spotify with high sound quality and switching to TV with voice control is now smooth. The fact that there is no input switching is very good.

I was worried about the sound quality when I purchased it, but it looks good. I would like to evaluate it more carefully with lossless sound sources.


I chose the digital amplifier because of its size and power consumption, but it generates more heat than the TA-F501. Because it becomes as hot as a personal computer, I am a little worried about the life span.


2021/10/29 Postscript

The power supply did not turn on from one month ago, and I sent it to the repair center. The base is ruined, and the estimate of repair is 40,000 yen. Since I was asked if it was a store use, I think that probably the heat generation was not good. I think it is better to have such an individual replace it immediately because it will fail immediately if it is overheating. I know that with the same usage, the heat will soon ruin it again, so it was trashed.


---.


https://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0001182075/SortID=23756263/


About the heat generation 2020/10/30 06:25 (over a year ago)

Premain Amplifier > DENON > PMA-150H


Sleuth Rin_s3 commented on 2 posts to the end of the thread

I am considering purchasing a PMA-150H to enjoy high resolution sound sources (I currently own a nearly 10 year old KENWOOD compo), but am concerned about the heat generated by the reviews on Amazon and other sites.

I would like to ask those who are actually using it, what is the degree of heat generation? Does it vary depending on frequency of use or intended use?


Write-in number: 23756263 Write-in nice review from a smart phone site!


Reply to.

Mr. I love old thingsSilver medal in the Hall of FameNumber of posts: 2644Good answersAcquired: 523Evening 01, 2020 08:17 (over a year ago)

>Rin_s3.


I don't see an answer attached.

I think there are a lot of people out there who own PMA-150H....


I am sorry to say that I am talking about PMA-50, not PMA-150H, if you don't mind.

I have a DAL ZENSOR1 connected for disc-top use, and the volume is near-field.

It will be used at a low volume.


After a few hours of vertical installation, the unit feels "warm" to the touch.

It does not feel "hot".


So, the temperature of the outside of the chassis is about 40 degrees Celsius at the highest.


For your reference.


Write-in number: 23760375Nice review!


PrinceKamehame wrote: 5 reviews on 11/03/2020 01:11 (over a year ago)

I have been using this product for about 6 months.


I can't compare it to other products, but as an audio novice, I am amazed at the amount of heat it generates.


I have it installed in a TV rack with a door, and if I close the door and put my hand on this unit after a few hours of use, the heat causes a stabbing pain in my hand within seconds.

If I leave the door open, I think it is less than 50 degrees.


It doesn't seem to change with frequency of use or application. (It feels like it gets dong hotter with playback time).


I was concerned about whether the heat generation was safe for the product, but in the posts of those who seem to know more about it, they don't seem to be concerned about the heat generation, so I'm wondering if this is what it is like.


Write-in number: 23764262 Write-in nice word-of-mouth from a smart phone site!


SIWI, owner of PMA-150H with 6 reviews 520/11/07 08:15 (over a year ago)

It has been a year since I purchased this product.

At first I thought it was quite hot when I touched the top panel for a class D amplifier, but now I don't feel it so hot.

I use it for 4 hours on weekdays and 8 hours on weekends with the power on.


Write-in number: 23772700 Write-in nice word of mouth from a smart phone site!


Sleuth Rin_s3 commented on 2 posts on 2020/11/08 12:35 (over a year ago)

Thanks to those who replied.

I am relieved to hear that I don't have to worry about it that much. I will take this as a reference.


Write-in number: 23775573 Write-nice word of mouth from a smart phone site!


syurisyuri, owner of PMA-150H with 76 reviews 32021/10/29 12:36 (over 6 months ago)

Perhaps, but you should be concerned because the heat has ruined the base. I would prefer to have no heat. I had about 50 degrees all the time and it broke after about a year and a half.


Write-in number: 24419135 Write-in nice review from a smart phone site!


warattepon2 commented on 3 posts, 2022/02/06 16:29 (over 3 months ago)

>Rin_s3


Hi, I am looking for a PMA-150H.

Have you purchased PMA-150H since then?

If you did buy it, please let us know what the heat generation is like.

Also, how is the sound quality and usability?


Write-in number: 24584038Nice review!


Mamemaki wrote 50 reviews on 2022/04/05 16:03 (over a month ago)

FYI.

I was very concerned about the heat generation before purchasing this product, so I checked it as soon as I opened the box of my new April purchase.

I put it on a table and energized it with an 8 ohm speaker on coaxial input at a volume of 30-40. At first it is cold.

After an hour the bottom plate got a little warmer and the top plate was no longer cold.

After 2 hours, the bottom plate is about the right level of warm water, and the top plate is slightly warm.

In 3 hours, the bottom plate is about the level of hot water and the top plate is a little warm.

After that, there is no change.

I do not feel any problem with the top board. The bottom plate also seems to be fine, but the temperature rise is so slow that I thought it might be because the heat is blocked and the temperature is not rising fully.

It's a little creepy, but I decided to forget about worrying about failure due to heat generation for the time being. (And I'm covered by a 5-year warranty.)

I bought the PMA-150H for the purpose of securing a full digital amplifier, so I will put it back in the box until the next AV makeover.


Write-in number: 24685971Nice review!


Dog is a Shiba Inu posted 230 comments on the post Good answer received: 28 2022/04/05 20:16 (over a month ago).

>Rin_s3.

I prefer to use it in a vertical position.


I used my PMA-60 in horizontal position and after two years, the display display display became strange.

I heard that PMA-60 and PMA-150H have many similar failures.


Write-in number: 24686361Nice review!

0 コメント:

コメントを投稿